- Resources Manager – FreshEd Podcast.
- Graduate Research Assistant – Miami University Urban Cohort.
- Teaching and Research Assistant – KNUST Department of History and Political Studies.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant – Miami University Department of Educational Leadership.
- Graduate Writing Consultant – Howe Writing Center.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant – Miami University Department of Political Science.
- EDL 312 – Foundations of Education in Global Contexts
- EDL 647 – Culture and Curriculum Studies
- POL 406 – Public Policy Analysis Lab
- POL 271 – World Politics
- POL 467- Politics and Development in Africa
- POL 376- Political Parties and Pressure Groups
- Kyei Mensah, P. (2021, April 8-12). “Arise, O sons of Ghana land”: Revisiting the machismo gnosis of Ghana’s post-colonial curriculum [Accepted]. AERA Annual Meeting (Online). https://www.aera.net/Events-Meetings
- Kyei Mensah, P. (2020, Nov 17-20). Indigenous knowledge systems: Conversations for research and practice in contemporary African contexts [Jackson Scholars Session]. UCEA Annual Convention (Online). https://www.ucea2020.org/
- McMillian, R. & Kyei Mensah, P. (2020, Apr 17 – 21). Historical Fiction: A Critical Policy Analysis of Teaching Hard History [Paper Session]. AERA Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA http://tinyurl.com/u4mg257 (Conference Canceled).
- Kyei Mensah, P. (2020, Mar 22-26). Reconciling “The Year of Return” and Re(memory): A Critical Analysis of the Representation of Slavery in Ghana’s Social Studies Curriculum [Paper Session]. CIES Annual Meeting, Miami, FL (In person conference canceled).
- Kyei Mensah, P. (2019, Oct 30 – Nov 2). The Ghosts of Ghana: A Critical Analysis of the ‘Absent-Presence’ of Slavery in Ghana’s Formal Curriculum [Paper Session]. AESA Annual Meeting, Baltimore, MD.
- Kyei Mensah, P. & McMillian, R. (2019, Oct 30 – Nov 2). The Public Curriculum of Slavery and the Transatlantic Agenda [Paper Session]. AESA Annual Meeting, Baltimore, MD.
- Kyei Mensah, P. & McMillian, R. (2019, Feb 28 – Mar 2). Sankofa: Methods of Healing for African-Ascendent Educators [Paper Session]. Globalization and Diversity in Education Conference, Spokane, WA.
- Kyei Mensah, P. (Forthcoming). Collective memory and the Transatlantic slave trade: Remembering education towards new diasporic connections. Curriculum Inquiry.
- Kyei Mensah, P. (2020). Fanon, white supremacy and post(-)colonial theory. In Z. A. Casey (Ed.). Critical whiteness studies in education encyclopedia. Brill (pp. 468-475). https://doi.org/10.1163/9789004444836
- Kyei Mensah, P. (2020). Curriculum of the redeemed. Journal of Curriculum Theorizing, 35(2), 1-2.
- Kyei Mensah, P (2020). Ode to ovid rona. In K. J. Fasching-Varner, S.T. Bickmore, D.G. Hays, P.G. Schrader, D. Lee & D. Anagnostopoulos (Eds.). Corona chronicles: Necessary narratives in uncertain times . DIO Press.
Grants & Fellowships
- 2021 Miami University EDL Dissertation Fellowship
- 2020 James Burchyett Scholarship, Miami University
- 2019 Charles E. Techman Scholarship, Miami University
- 2019 UCEA Jackson Fellowship
- 2018 International Graduate Student Award, Miami University
- 2016 STAR Grant, St. Antony’s College, University of Oxford
- 2015 Eni Scholarship, St. Antony’s College, University of Oxford